Sunday 21 July 2013

Bathers

Hello...today I'm posting the bathers I've made for The Girls. Not that it's beach weather here at present!!  We've had sooooo much rain in the last few weeks I feel like we're going to float away any minute!


This is Jasmine modelling the first pair of bathers I made. These are for Emily and I made another pair in a pink version of the same lycra for Jasmine. They are a little short in the body for my liking....I didn't alter the pattern for these, so I decided to do some alterations and make some more. The little sandals are a pair that I made after watching Diane Morello's YouTube videos on how to make doll shoes.....she does awesome tutorials!

Here's the revised version.....



Matilda is modelling the new version of the bathers pattern. I made the body longer and scooped the front neck a little. They fit much better now :)  When I made the first pair I only had lingerie elastic in my stash to use on the openings. For these I used fold-over elastic that I bought from an Etsy shop. I couldn't source coloured fold-over in Aus, which was frustrating, so had some shipped to me. Now I have to make lots of things with fold-over elastic as I bought a nice collection of colours...should keep me going for quite some time!

I also made a little wrap skirt, for a little modesty as Matilda goes walking around after her swim lol The "towel" is a microfibre cloth from a pack of 6 I bought at the Reject Shop. They are the perfect size for doll towels :)  The little thongs are the ones that came with Matilda. All the Australian Girl dolls come with a pair.....aren't they the cutest things!  I've also made a pair of bathers with hot pink edging, just haven't photo'd them.

I'll be back soon with the next instalment :)

Lynne xx

2 comments:

Lysa said...

Lynne,
I am head over heels with the bathers!! OMG!, you sew like a pro!!(because you are!!) And the fabric is right on. Can you tell me the size of these Aussie Girls. The American's are 18 inches. I have truly fell in love with Matilda. My Granddaughter is so tall she is a head over everyone in her class. I am thinking it would be awesome to get her a Matilda for Christmas and then she would have a doll that is taller than all the others. See where I am going I want her to wear her height tall and proud. She is taller than most of the boys too (her dad is 6' 4"). I think having a taller doll would be a great way to express celebrating the difference that make us, well us. Let me know when you can. Great job on the sewing I know Kate and Amy are going to have a grand time playing with all of these outfits. Please let us all know how they react when they get all their goodies.
Stay in touch,
Lysa

Tracy said...

I really envy you're sewing abilities. I'm lucky to be able to do the most basic stuff much less alter a pattern. NOT!!!!! LOL The outfits are adorable and you've just got to love those cute little sandals. Hugs!